In 1 month there were 4 times more civilians killed than in the Donbas in 5 years
This Thursday marks one month since the beginning of the illegal and unprovoked invasion of Ukraine by Russia. An invasion that is being purely criminal.
A scene that shows the Ukrainian courage: they sing their anthem in front of the Russian shots
Data against the hoax that accuses Ukraine of committing a 'genocide' in the Donbas
Images of the destruction of Mariupol by the Russians
Proof of this are these images released yesterday of the city of Mariupol, from a drone view, after several weeks of siege and indiscriminate attacks by the Russian Army against residential areas and unarmed civilians. It is a level of devastation unprecedented in Europe since World War II, and it shows that Vladimir Putin, his government and his armies deserve to be charged with war crimes.
The current situation of the Russian invasion in Ukraine
Regarding the current situation of the invasion, the British Defence Intelligence has published today this map that shows the areas occupied by the Russians in pink. As can be seen, today, and after a month of the beginning of the Russian aggression, most of Ukraine remains under the control of its government.
This morning, the British Ministry of Defense has published its latest intelligence report on the invasion: "Russian forces have almost certainly suffered thousands of casualties during their invasion of Ukraine. Russia is likely now looking to mobilise its reservist and conscript manpower, as well as private military companies and foreign mercenaries, to replace these considerable losses. It is unclear how these groups will integrate into the Russian ground forces in Ukraine and the impact this will have on combat effectiveness."
In its report last night, British Defence Intelligence noted: "Ukraine is increasing pressure on Russian forces north-east of Kyiv. Russian forces along this axis are already facing considerable supply and morale issues. Ukrainian forces are carrying out successful counter attacks against Russian positions in towns on the outskirts of the capital, and have probably retaken Makariv and Moschun. There is a realistic possibility that Ukrainian forces are now able to encircle Russian units in Bucha and Irpin. It is likely that successful counter attacks by Ukraine will disrupt the ability of Russian forces to reorganise and resume their own offensive towards Kyiv."
Taking into account the Russian invasion plans captured by the Ukrainians earlier this month, it is clear that Russia has not even remotely met the objectives it set for itself in Ukraine, and is even having much more difficulty than expected, due to the tenacious Ukrainian resistance and the supply of weapons to Ukraine by allied countries. The indiscriminate Russian attacks against the Ukrainian civilian population show the desperation of Putin, who sees how his armies are incapable of achieving the assigned goals and prefers to choose to instill terror in the Ukrainian people in an attempt to provoke their surrender by killing men, women and children.
Civilian casualties among the Ukrainian population
Regarding human losses, today the UN has published a report indicating the following figures of deaths and injuries among the civilian population:
- 2,685 civilian casualties throughout Ukraine: 1,035 dead and 1,650 wounded. In total, the number of civilians killed in a month of Russian invasion multiplies by 4 the number of civilians killed in the last 5 years of war in the Donbas. a war provoked in 2014 by the armed uprising of pro-Russian separatists, supported by Russia.
- Of the 1,035 dead, 214 were men, 160 women, 14 girls and 28 boys, in addition to 48 children and 571 adults whose sex is unknown.
- Of the 1,650 injured, 181 are men, 140 women, 28 girls and 23 boys, in addition to 67 children and 1,211 adults whose sex is unknown.
- In the Donetsk and Luhansk regions there have been 1,168 civilian casualties (311 dead and 857 wounded). Of these, 901 casualties have been recorded in the Ukrainian government-controlled territories (255 dead and 646 wounded) and 267 casualties have been recorded in the separatist-controlled territories (56 dead and 211 wounded).
- In other regions of Ukraine (the city of kyiv, and in the Cherkasy, Chernihiv, Kharkiv, Kherson, kyiv, Mykolaiv, Odessa, Sumy, Zaporizhzhya, Dnipropetrovsk and Zhytomyr regions), which remain under the control of the Ukrainian government, there have been 1,517 civilian casualties (724 dead and 793 wounded).
A destroyed Russian Army T-72B3(M) main battle tank near Makariv, in the kyiv oblast (Source: Ukraine Weapons Tracker
Military losses on both sides
Military losses remain difficult to determine. Let's start with the ones indicated by each of the sides. This noon, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry published these figures of Russian casualties:
- 15,800 soldiers.
- 108 airplanes.
- 124 helicopters.
- 530 tanks.
- 72 fuel tankers trucks.
- 50 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV).
- 16 special equipments.
- 1,597 armored personnel carrier.
- 280 artillery systems.
- 82 multiple missile launchers (MLRS).
- 1,033 military vehicles of other types.
- 4 ships.
- 47 anti aircraft systems.
To these figures must be added that on March 19 the Ukrainian government said that 562 Russian soldiers had been captured by Ukrainian forces. Likewise, the Ukrainian News Agency has pointed out that Russia and Ukraine have already exchanged prisoners, specifically 10 for each side, as well as 11 Russian military sailors rescued by the Ukrainians from a Russian ship sunk in Odessa, in addition to 19 Ukrainian civilian sailors of a rescue ship captured by the Russians.
In turn, this morning the Russian Defense Ministry announced the following Ukrainian losses:
- 255 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). A figure without any credibility, since it is more than twice the number of UAVs that Ukraine had at the beginning of the war.
- 158 multiple missile launchers (MLRS).
- 189 surface to air missile systems (SAM).
- 1,564 tanks and armored vehicles.
- 627 artillery systems and mortars.
- 1,367 military vehicles of other types.
The website Oryxspioenkop.com, which has been documenting the material losses of both sides with images since February 24, indicates the following Russian military losses:
- 1,785 vehicles lost in total, of them 871 destroyed, 34 damaged, 228 abandoned and 652 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 280 tanks lost, of them 117 destroyed, 4 damaged, 41 abandoned and 118 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 198 armored fighting vehicles lost, of them 87 destroyed, 34 abandoned and 77 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 265 infantry fighting vehicles lost, of them 136 destroyed, 2 damaged, 31 abandoned and 93 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 71 armored personnel carriers lost, of them 18 destroyed, 15 abandoned and 38 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 12 Mine Resistant Vehicles (MRAP) lost, of which 4 destroyed, 3 abandoned and 5 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 59 infantry mobility vehicles lost, of them 32 destroyed, 2 damaged, 5 abandoned and 18 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 11 communication stations lost, of them 23 destroyed, 4 abandoned and 4 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 47 engineering vehicles lost, of them 14 destroyed, 8 abandoned and 25 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 62 anti-tank guided missiles lost, of them 24 abandoned and 38 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 24 man-portable surface-to-air missiles (MANPADS) lost, all of them captured by the Ukrainians.
- 5 heavy mortars lost, all of them captured by the Ukrainians.
- 41 pieces of towed artillery lost, of them 8 destroyed, 2 damaged, 5 abandoned and 26 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 52 self-propelled artillery vehicles (ATP) lost, of them 12 destroyed, 2 damaged, 15 abandoned and 22 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 33 multiple rocket launchers lost, of them 15 destroyed, 5 abandoned and 14 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 2 anti-aircraft guns lost, both captured by the Ukrainians.
- 9 self-propelled anti-aircraft artillery systems lost, of them 5 destroyed, 3 abandoned and 1 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 40 surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems lost, of which 20 destroyed, 1 damaged, 7 abandoned and 12 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 2 radars lost, 1 of them destroyed and 1 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 6 electronic warfare systems lost, of them 2 destroyed, 2 damaged and 2 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 15 aircraft lost, of which 14 destroyed and 1 damaged.
- 16 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) lost, of them 11 destroyed and 5 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 35 helicopters lost, of which 30 destroyed, 3 damaged and 2 abandoned.
- 580 various vehicles lost (trucks, SUVs and others), of which 337 destroyed, 15 damaged, 59 abandoned and 168 captured by the Ukrainians.
- 2 logistics trains destroyed.
- 3 ships lost, 1 of them destroyed and 2 damaged.
In addition, Oryxspioenkop.com has documented the following Ukrainian military losses:
- 525 vehicles lost in total, of them 198 destroyed, 13 damaged, 37 abandoned and 277 captured.
- 74 tanks lost, of them 25 destroyed, 9 abandoned and 38 captured.
- 60 armored fighting vehicles lost, of which 21 destroyed, 4 abandoned and 36 captured.
- 58 infantry fighting vehicles lost, of which 25 destroyed, 2 damaged, 9 abandoned and 22 captured.
- 27 armored personnel carriers lost, of which 5 destroyed, 2 abandoned and 19 captured.
- 29 infantry mobility vehicles lost, of which 7 destroyed, 1 damaged, 1 abandoned and 20 captured.
- 1 engineer vehicle captured.
- 50 anti-tank missiles lost, all of them captured.
- 16 man-portable surface-to-air missiles (MANPADS) captured.
- 19 towed artillery pieces lost, of which 4 destroyed, 1 damaged, 3 abandoned and 11 captured.
- 12 self-propelled artillery (ATP) vehicles lost, of which 6 destroyed, 1 damaged, 1 abandoned and 4 captured.
- 5 multiple rocket launchers lost, all of them captured.
- 2 anti-aircraft guns lost, both captured.
- 1 self-propelled anti-aircraft artillery system captured.
- 19 surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems lost, 14 of them destroyed, 2 abandoned and 3 captured.
- 10 radars lost, of them 6 destroyed, 3 damaged and 1 captured.
- 12 aircraft lost, of which 11 destroyed and 1 damaged.
- 1 helicopter destroyed.
- 8 Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) lost, of which 6 destroyed and 2 captured.
- 13 ships lost, of them 2 destroyed and 11 captured.
- 174 various vehicles lost (trucks, SUVs and others), of which 57 were destroyed, 4 damaged, 5 abandoned and 108 captured.
Comment on this post: